Monday, November 26, 2007

Potty Training

Well, for those of you who have been around us lately, you know our struggles with Maddie not wanting to potty train. My initial goal was to have her trained before Anna Kate arrived. We tried in early July, but that didn't take. She is very particular about her "pooping in the corner" ritual, so she wasn't interested in the least to change that. I had just told my mom yesterday on our way home from our Thanksgiving trip to Gatlinburg that my new plan was not to mention anything about going to the potty to Maddie for the next month. I was going to put the potty away, have noone mention it in her presence, etc. Then after Christmas I was going to bring back the potty and have a fresh start.
Well, wouldn't you know the little stinker just up and decided last night that she wanted to go potty. It's not that unusual for her to say that and then just play or run around naked. BUT she actually went. Then she went again before bedtime. Today she's gone three times w/ only one accident. I think this is actually it. I don't know how the whole "pooping" part is gonna go over, but she seems to finally "get it" with the pee. Anyways, I know many of you will be glad to know we're finally crossing over :)
By the way, the reason posts have been nonexistent after our robust start to blogging is because I have lost our camera. I am very upset as we totally can't afford to get a new one right now. The last place I remember having it was at church two weeks ago for baby dedication. I called the church and they said they haven't seen it. I'm going to go there and look for myself and I'm praying it will show up. Until then....

1 comment:

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

Congrats on the potty training...I don't look forward to that! Hope you find your camera!

Love,
Christy